https://www.gastro-curious.com/content/uploads/hazelnutcake2.jpg 600 600 webmin https://gastro-curious.com/content/uploads/gastro-curious-340.png webmin2015-01-02 12:39:402019-07-03 17:49:14Hazelnut Lava Cakes
Hazelnut Lava Cakes
Servings: 8 cakes
- 240 g Hazelnut nut butter
- 16 Egg yolks
- 160 g Sugar
- 240 g Melted butter
- 5 Egg whites
- 2 tbl Butter (to grease molds)
- 8 3-inch circle ring molds (2.5 inch deep)
- Parchment Paper
Mise en place
- Make hazelnut butter.
- Separate 16 egg yolks and reserve 5 whites.
- In a bain marie over low heat cook egg yolks and sugar whisking until they get pale and thick. It must reach 140°F/60°C. Remove from heat.
- Melt butter.
- In a separate bowl, whisk nut butter into warm melted butter.
- Little by little mix the nut butter mixture to the egg mixture until combined.
- Let the mixture cool until it reaches 113°F/45°C.
- Whip 5 egg whites to soft peaks. (Hint: egg whites must be at room temperature)
- Fold the whipped egg whites into the batter.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment. Butter 8 ring molds and the parchment.
- Add 120 g of batter to each mold and refrigerate for at least 1½ hours.
- Bake at 350°F/190°C in a preheated oven for 7 minutes or until the edges are cooked and golden.
- Serve lava cake with a scope of vanilla ice cream.