https://www.gastro-curious.com/content/uploads/nut-butter-1.jpg 600 600 Jamie Kelly https://gastro-curious.com/content/uploads/gastro-curious-340.png Jamie Kelly2015-06-29 21:25:102022-07-11 14:58:24Hazelnut Butter
Hazelnut Nut Butter
Check out the recipe for hazelnut lava cakes.
- 240 g raw hazelnuts You'll need a blender designed to make nut butters such as a Thermomix, Vitamix or Blendtec.
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C.
- Spread nuts out onto a baking sheet and place in preheated oven for 5-8 minutes
- When skins have split open, remove the nuts and let them cool.
- Place handfuls of the nuts into a clean kitchen towel and vigorously rub them together inside the towel. Skins will rub off easily. If they do not come off, return to the oven for 5 more minutes.
- Once peeled, place the nuts into your blender and follow the machines instructions for making nut butter (generally high setting for 1-2 minutes.
- Store nut butter in an airtight container.
Jamie Kelly is an American marketing professional turned gastronaut. She is eating her way through a full-spectrum exploration of food culture in Spanish-speaking lands and staging ambitious re-enactments of her finds in her own kitchen. To join the expedition, follow at FB: gastro-curious, IG: jamie_gastrocurious and www.gastro-curious.com.